- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
Magnitude 6.2 earthquake hits Papua New Guinea - USGS
SYDNEY Aug 20 (Reuters) - A magnitude 6.2 earthquake struck in north-eastern Papua New Guinea on Monday morning, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The strong quake was centered 115 km north-northeast of Mount Hagen, at a depth of 77 kilometres, the USGS said.
Papua New Guinea is on the geologically active Pacific Ring of Fire. (Reporting By Jane Wardell; Editing by John Mair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this