S&P comments on Mexichem S.A.B. de C.V.
Aug 20 - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said today that its ratings on Mexichem S.A.B. de C.V. (BBB-/Stable/-- and mxAA/Stable/mxA-1+) are not affected following the company's announcement of the signing of a memorandum of understanding with Occidental Chemical Corp. (A/Stable/--) for the creation of a joint venture. The joint venture includes construction of an ethylene cracker in Ingliside, Texas, with an estimated annual capacity of 500,000 tons.
At this point, the investment is still under feasibility studies and subject to several approvals. In our view, this announcement is in line with Mexichem's strategy of undertaking investments that strengthen its vertical integration and business position and secure the supply of raw materials for its production. Our ratings on the company already incorporate the possibility of such growth initiatives, but sticking to its financial policy of keeping its net debt to EBITDA at no more than 2.0x.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea