DSW's 2nd-qtr results beat Street
Aug 21 (Reuters) - Footwear retailer DSW Inc posted higher-than-expected second-quarter results as value-conscious customers continued to shop at its stores.
The company, which sells branded shoes at discounted rates, reported an adjusted profit of $30.1 million, or 66 cents per share, and revenue of $512.2 million for the quarter.
Analysts on average were expecting a profit of 62 cents per share on revenue of $510.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
DSW shares closed at $61.23 on Monday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic