- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
Edison unit to cut 33 pct of workforce at San Onofre nuclear plant
Aug 20 (Reuters) - Southern California Edison Co, a subsidiary of California power company Edison International , said it plans to cut about 33 percent of jobs at its San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station.
The company said it plans to reduce the workforce at the plant by 730 employees to 1,500 from the fourth quarter.
Strict California environmental and regulatory standards coupled with a greater financial investment to replace aging infrastructure had increased the overall cost of delivering electricity to customers, the company said in a statement.
The 2,150-megawatt San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station is located halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this