REG - Tata Steel Limited - Notice for Redemption of CARS
21st August 2012
London Stock Exchange
Notice for Redemption of CARS™ by Tata Steel Limited on the "Maturity Date" (September 5, 2012)
With reference to Tata Steel Limited's CARS™ Offering Circular dated August 31, 2007 - "unless previously converted, redeemed or repurchased and cancelled, the CARS™ will be redeemed on 5 September 2012 (the "Maturity Date") at 123.3419 per cent of their principal amount together with accrued and unpaid interest. The CARS™ are convertible by holders of the CARS™ ("Holders") at any time on or after 4 September 2011 and up to 3.00 pm (at the place the certificate evidencing the relevant CARS™ is deposited for conversion) on 6 August 2012".
Since Tata Steel Limited has not received any notice for conversion by the Holders till 3.00 pm on 6 August 2012, we would like to bring to your notice that the Company is paying off the liability due under CARS™, to the extent of USD 471,166,058.00 for the Principal amount, along with the accrued interest of USD 1,915,305.60 for the last 6 months on the due Maturity Date.
We request you to kindly take note of this event.
Tata Steel Limited.
Company Secretary &
Chief of Compliance
This information is provided by RNS
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |