Japan's Inpex to acquire Angola oilfield stake from Total
TOKYO Aug 21 (Reuters) - Japan's top oil and gas explorer Inpex Corp said on Tuesday it has agreed to acquire a 9.99 percent stake in Angola's offshore oilfield block 14 from France's Total .
The deal is subject to the Angolan government's approval, Inpex said in a statement. Block 14 is producing crude oil at a rate of about 160,000 barrels per day, it said. (Reporting by Osamu Tsukimori and Chang-Ran Kim; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'