Delhaize second-quarter profits above expectations
BRUSSELS Aug 21 (Reuters) - Belgian supermarket operator Delhaize on Wednesday posted better-than expected operating profit in the second-quarter after cost-savings and strong sales at its stores in Belgium and the United States.
Underlying operating profit in the second quarter came in at 184 million euros, above the 177 million euros expected in a Reuters poll of eight analysts. (Reporting By Robert-Jan Bartunek; editing by Barbara Lewis)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |