Delhaize second-quarter profits above expectations
BRUSSELS Aug 21 (Reuters) - Belgian supermarket operator Delhaize on Wednesday posted better-than expected operating profit in the second-quarter after cost-savings and strong sales at its stores in Belgium and the United States.
Underlying operating profit in the second quarter came in at 184 million euros, above the 177 million euros expected in a Reuters poll of eight analysts. (Reporting By Robert-Jan Bartunek; editing by Barbara Lewis)
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- China OKs iPhone 6 sale after Apple addresses security concerns
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes