RPT-CORRECTED-Kinder Morgan starts construction on Parkway pipeline
(Corrects name of pipeline to Parkway in headline and 1st graph)
NEW YORK Aug 22 (Reuters) - Kinder Morgan Energy Partners began construction of the Parkway Pipeline over the weekend, increasing the amount of gasoline, jet and diesel carried from Louisiana refineries to the oil hub of Collins, Mississippi.
The 136-mile, 16 inch pipeline will begin in Norco, Louisiana and carry 110,000 bpd initially, with the ability to expand to over 200,000 bpd.
Kinder Morgan is partnering with large independent U.S. refiner, Valero Energy Corp to build the pipeline, which is expected to be in service by mid-year 2013.
- Gaza death toll rises; Hamas fires rockets at Tel Aviv |
- Ukraine jets pound rebels after deadly missile attack |
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Trump Plaza in Atlantic City to close, adding to city's woes: report
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'