PetroChina says actively seeking acquisitions overseas
HONG KONG Aug 23 (Reuters) - PetroChina , the country's dominant oil and gas producer which also owns refineries, said on Thursday it is actively seeking acquisition opportunities in central Asia, East Africa, Australia and Canada.
Vice chairman and president Zhou Jiping was speaking at the company's results briefing.
PetroChina posted a 21 percent drop in quarterly earnings, lagging forecasts, weighed down by lower crude oil prices and further losses in refining and chemicals. (Reporting by Charlie Zhu; Editing by Anne Marie Roantree and Muralikumar Anantharaman)
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn