PetroChina says actively seeking acquisitions overseas
HONG KONG Aug 23 (Reuters) - PetroChina , the country's dominant oil and gas producer which also owns refineries, said on Thursday it is actively seeking acquisition opportunities in central Asia, East Africa, Australia and Canada.
Vice chairman and president Zhou Jiping was speaking at the company's results briefing.
PetroChina posted a 21 percent drop in quarterly earnings, lagging forecasts, weighed down by lower crude oil prices and further losses in refining and chemicals. (Reporting by Charlie Zhu; Editing by Anne Marie Roantree and Muralikumar Anantharaman)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge