Hong Kong shares to open down 1 pct, PetroChina weak after earnings
HONG KONG Aug 24 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to start lower on Friday, dragged by a 1.7 percent slide in PetroChina after it posted a forecast-lagging 21 percent dip in its second-quarter net profit after markets closed on Thursday.
The Hang Seng Index was poised to begin down 1 percent at 19,930.5. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings was indicated to start down 1.3 percent. (Reporting by Clement Tan; Editing by John Mair)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |