Samsung warns that Apple decision "not final word"
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics called a U.S. jury decision in favor of Apple Inc "a loss for the American consumer" because it would stifle innovation and push up prices.
Apple scored a sweeping legal victory over its arch-rival as a U.S. jury on Friday found the Korean company had copied critical features of the hugely popular iPhone and iPad and awarded the U.S. company $1.051 billion in damages.
"This is not the final word in this case or in battles being waged in courts and tribunals around the world, some of which have already rejected many of Apple's claims," Samsung said in a statement after the verdict was read.
(Reporting by Dan Levine; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions