Venezuela refinery explosion kills 7, injures 48
PARAGUANA, Venezuela (Reuters) - A gas explosion at Venezuela's Amuay refinery killed seven people and injured another 48, the local governor said on Saturday, adding that the situation was under control.
"There's no risk of another explosion," she told state TV. "Right now, we're attending to the injured."
(Reporting by Deisy Buitrago, Writing by Andrew Cawthorne; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |