Venezuela refinery explosion kills 7, injures 48
PARAGUANA, Venezuela (Reuters) - A gas explosion at Venezuela's Amuay refinery killed seven people and injured another 48, the local governor said on Saturday, adding that the situation was under control.
"There's no risk of another explosion," she told state TV. "Right now, we're attending to the injured."
(Reporting by Deisy Buitrago, Writing by Andrew Cawthorne; Editing by Alison Williams)
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Asian stocks slip, euro hits one-year low on ECB uncertainty
- Fiji says Syrian rebels want compensation, removal from terror list