Orioles acquire starter Saunders from Diamondbacks
(Reuters) - The Baltimore Orioles have acquired starting pitcher Joe Saunders from the Arizona Diamondbacks to bolster their staff for a playoff run, the team said on Sunday.
Third-place Baltimore, which began the day four games out first in the American League East, sent reliever Matt Lindstrom and a player to be named later to Arizona.
The left-handed Saunders, 31, was scheduled to start for Arizona on Sunday against San Diego. The 2008 All-Star has a 6-10 record with a 4.22 earned run average this season.
Lindstrom, 32, went 1-0 with a 2.72 earned run average in 34 games for the Orioles this season.
(Writing by Gene Cherry; Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |