- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Russia moves closer to jail terms for offending religion
- Senate panel passes immigration bill; Obama praises move
A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
BHP Billiton shuts, evacuates two U.S. Gulf platforms before storm
HOUSTON (Reuters) - BHP Billiton said on Monday that it would fully evacuate and shut its two oil and gas platforms in the Gulf of Mexico by day's end, ahead of Tropical Storm Isaac's arrival.
The company's Shenzi platform can produce up to 120,000 barrels per day of oil and 50 million cubic feet per day of natural gas, while its Neptune platform can produce 50,000 bpd of oil and 50 mmcf/d of gas.
(Reporting By Kristen Hays; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this