Yahoo CEO Mayer names former Amazon executive as new marketing chief
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc named veteran executive Kathy Savitt its chief marketing officer on Monday in the latest move by new CEO Marissa Mayer to overhaul her top leadership team.
Savitt, a former marketing executive at Amazon.com and American Eagle Outfitters, most recently founded Lockerz, a social commerce website that let online shoppers share links to clothing and accessory deals.
In a shock move, Mayer, 37, took the reins as Yahoo CEO in July after spending more than a decade as a high-profile employee at rival Google Inc.
Since her arrival, top Yahoo executives including interim CEO Ross Levinsohn have departed while Mayer began recruiting her deputies.
Lockerz said Monday that Chief Operating Officer Mark Stabingas will replace Savitt as CEO.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food