Newcrest suspends output at Lihir gold mine over landowner dispute
SYDNEY Aug 28 (Reuters) - Australia's Newcrest Mining said on Tuesday it had suspended production at its flagship Lihir gold mine in Papua New Guinea due to a dispute with landowners.
The processing plant at the mine remains on standby and all facilities had been secured, the company also said.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |