Newcrest suspends output at Lihir gold mine over landowner dispute
SYDNEY Aug 28 (Reuters) - Australia's Newcrest Mining said on Tuesday it had suspended production at its flagship Lihir gold mine in Papua New Guinea due to a dispute with landowners.
The processing plant at the mine remains on standby and all facilities had been secured, the company also said.
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- U.S. military strike in Somalia targeted al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |