Buffett-backed BYD says profit will return to growth in 2013
HONG KONG Aug 28 (Reuters) - BYD Co Ltd , a Chinese carmaker backed by billionaire U.S. investor Warren Buffett, said on Tuesday that it expected to see a return to profit growth in 2013 after the completion of a three-year restructuring.
Chairman Wang Chuanfu was speaking at an earnings briefing a day after the company posted a 94 percent drop in first-half earnings, underperforming most of its rivals as sales sagged and its solar energy business lost money.
He added that BYD expected the launch of new car models would help drive auto sales growth. (Reporting By Alison Leung; Writing by Anne Marie Roantree; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- U.S. mother, officials settle suit over airport breast milk
- UPDATE 2-Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found
- Explosion shuts large natural gas processing plant in Wyoming