UPDATE 1-Market Chatter - Corporate finance press digest
Aug 28 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Tuesday:
* Best Buy Co Inc granted Richard Schulze, its estranged founder, access to its books on Monday after several weeks of acrimony, putting the onus on him to firm up a possible takeover bid for the struggling electronics retailer.
* M&T Bank Corp, the regional lender part-owned by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc, is buying Hudson City in one of the biggest bank deals since the crisis.
* Ireland's Ryanair has asked at least six airlines to operate alternative services on some Aer Lingus routes, as it seeks regulatory approval for a $850 million takeover of its domestic rival, the Financial Times reported on Tuesday.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South