Hurricane Isaac moving toward mouth of Mississippi river: NHC
(Reuters) - Hurricane Isaac was moving currently northwestward toward the mouth of the Mississippi river while flooding from the storm surge and rainfall was expected, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin on Tuesday.
"The center of Hurricane Isaac should reach the coastline of southeastern Louisiana as early as Tuesday evening," the NHC said.
(Reporting by Soma Das in Bangalore; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
A federal judge struck down Utah's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional, handing a major victory to gay rights activists in a conservative state Slideshow