Hurricane Isaac moving toward mouth of Mississippi river: NHC
(Reuters) - Hurricane Isaac was moving currently northwestward toward the mouth of the Mississippi river while flooding from the storm surge and rainfall was expected, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin on Tuesday.
"The center of Hurricane Isaac should reach the coastline of southeastern Louisiana as early as Tuesday evening," the NHC said.
(Reporting by Soma Das in Bangalore; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- U.S. seeks coalition against Islamic State, but military partners no sure bet
- Zach Galifianakis, Louis C.K. comedy show 'Baskets' picked up by FX