Japan Daikin to buy U.S. Goodman Global for $3.8 bln
OSAKA, Japan Aug 29 (Reuters) - Japan's Daikin Industries Ltd said on Wednesday it will pay 296 billion yen ($3.77 billion) to acquire U.S. firm Goodman Global Inc from private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
Daikin expects to complete the deal for the U.S. heating, ventilation and air-conditioning maker between October and December 2012.
It sees a synergy effect from the purchase of 24 billion yen in three years.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Mandela |
- Key U.S. lawmakers urge China to back off on air defense zone
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Decaying steel town gets movie star turn in 'Out of the Furnace'