Japan's Daikin to brief on acquiring U.S Goodman Global at 0700 GMT
OSAKA, Japan Aug 29 (Reuters) - Japan's Daikin Industries Ltd said on Wednesday it would hold a news conference at 4:00 p.m. (0700 GMT) in Osaka about acquiring U.S. rival Goodman Global Inc.
Daikin Chairman Noriyuki Inoue will attend, it said.
Sources familiar with the matter told Reuters that Daikin, the world's second-largest air-conditioner maker, has agreed to buy U.S. rival Goodman Global Inc from private equity firm Hellman & Friedman in a deal worth about $3.8 billion.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
- Millions of Target shoppers face new debit card limits |