Japan's Daikin to brief on acquiring U.S Goodman Global at 0700 GMT
OSAKA, Japan Aug 29 (Reuters) - Japan's Daikin Industries Ltd said on Wednesday it would hold a news conference at 4:00 p.m. (0700 GMT) in Osaka about acquiring U.S. rival Goodman Global Inc.
Daikin Chairman Noriyuki Inoue will attend, it said.
Sources familiar with the matter told Reuters that Daikin, the world's second-largest air-conditioner maker, has agreed to buy U.S. rival Goodman Global Inc from private equity firm Hellman & Friedman in a deal worth about $3.8 billion.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement