Japan's Daikin to brief on acquiring U.S Goodman Global at 0700 GMT
OSAKA, Japan Aug 29 (Reuters) - Japan's Daikin Industries Ltd said on Wednesday it would hold a news conference at 4:00 p.m. (0700 GMT) in Osaka about acquiring U.S. rival Goodman Global Inc.
Daikin Chairman Noriyuki Inoue will attend, it said.
Sources familiar with the matter told Reuters that Daikin, the world's second-largest air-conditioner maker, has agreed to buy U.S. rival Goodman Global Inc from private equity firm Hellman & Friedman in a deal worth about $3.8 billion.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data