- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
Eli Lilly to stop developing schizophrenia drug
Aug 29 (Reuters) - Eli Lilly and Co said it would stop developing an experimental schizophrenia drug after a recent analysis showed that a late-stage trial on the drug was likely to fail.
Lilly said that an independent futility analysis concluded the second late-stage study on the drug was unlikely to meet the main goal of the trial.
Additionally, another mid-stage trial, which was testing the drug -- pomaglumetad methionil, or mGlu2/3 -- as an adjunctive treatment with atypical antipsychotics, also failed to meet the main study goal.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this