Hong Kong shares to open up 0.2 pct, China Life Insurance jumps
HONG KONG Aug 29 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were poised to start higher on Wednesday, helped by a 3.2 percent jump for China Life Insurance after it posted a first half margin profit that was largely in line with expectations.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.2 percent at 19,857.6. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to start up 0.3 percent. (Reporting by Clement Tan; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning