Japan Daikin to buy U.S. Goodman Global for $3.8 billion
OSAKA, Japan (Reuters) - Japan's Daikin Industries Ltd (6367.T) said on Wednesday it will pay 296 billion yen ($3.77 billion) to acquire U.S. firm Goodman Global Inc HELLFG.UL from private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
Daikin expects to complete the deal for the U.S. heating, ventilation and air-conditioning maker between October and December 2012.
It sees a synergy effect from the purchase of 24 billion yen in three years. ($1 = 78.5000 Japanese yen) (Reporting by Yoshiyuki Osada, Writing by James Topham; Editing by Michael Watson)
- A week on, Gaza war takes on deadly routine despite calls for truce |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels |
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Special Report: How Italy became a submerging economy
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources