Isaac weakens to a tropical storm: NHC
(Reuters) - Isaac weakened to a tropical storm Wednesday afternoon and a gradual weakening is forecast during the next 48 hours as it continues to move farther inland, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin.
The center of the storm was located about 50 miles west-southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana, packing winds of about 70 miles per hour (110 km per hour), the NHC said.
(Reporting by Soma Das in Bangalore; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default