Lagardere keeps target as H2 seen stronger than H1
PARIS Aug 30 (Reuters) - Media-to-aerospace group Lagardere posted a lower first-half operating profit but kept its full-year target as it expected the second half to be much better than the previous half.
"The second half of the year should benefit from a significant improvement in profitability after a first half performance that cannot be extrapolated to the full year," the company said in a statement on Thursday, pointing out that the first six months of the year are traditionally weaker.
Recurring operating profit from media activities came in at 112 million euros ($140.31 million), down from 168 million from the same period a year ago, on sales that were roughly stable at 3.389 billion euros. ($1 = 0.7982 euros) (Reporting by Caroline Jacobs, Editing by Christian Plumb)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted