Lagardere keeps target as H2 seen stronger than H1
PARIS Aug 30 (Reuters) - Media-to-aerospace group Lagardere posted a lower first-half operating profit but kept its full-year target as it expected the second half to be much better than the previous half.
"The second half of the year should benefit from a significant improvement in profitability after a first half performance that cannot be extrapolated to the full year," the company said in a statement on Thursday, pointing out that the first six months of the year are traditionally weaker.
Recurring operating profit from media activities came in at 112 million euros ($140.31 million), down from 168 million from the same period a year ago, on sales that were roughly stable at 3.389 billion euros. ($1 = 0.7982 euros) (Reporting by Caroline Jacobs, Editing by Christian Plumb)
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV |
- Europe holds nerve as Russia-Ukraine warnings ratchet up
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles