STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil toughens terms on existing power licenses in decree
The Brazilian government toughened on Thursday existing rules that would allow regulators to seize operating licenses from power utilities that fail to meet contract requirements more rapidly. The new rules, which were published in the government's official gazette, are probably aimed at easing terms for a change in control especially for distressed power transmission and distributions companies, analysts told Reuters on Thursday.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats