STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil toughens terms on existing power licenses in decree
The Brazilian government toughened on Thursday existing rules that would allow regulators to seize operating licenses from power utilities that fail to meet contract requirements more rapidly. The new rules, which were published in the government's official gazette, are probably aimed at easing terms for a change in control especially for distressed power transmission and distributions companies, analysts told Reuters on Thursday.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government