STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil toughens terms on existing power licenses in decree
The Brazilian government toughened on Thursday existing rules that would allow regulators to seize operating licenses from power utilities that fail to meet contract requirements more rapidly. The new rules, which were published in the government's official gazette, are probably aimed at easing terms for a change in control especially for distressed power transmission and distributions companies, analysts told Reuters on Thursday.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |