Hurricane Kirk strengthening over open Atlantic: NHC
(Reuters) - Hurricane Kirk, the fifth hurricane of the 2012 Atlantic season was strengthening rapidly over the open Atlantic, the NHC said in its latest bulletin on Thursday.
The hurricane was located about 1,065 miles northeast of the northern Leeward Islands, packing maximum winds of 90 miles per hour (150 km per hour), and was moving west, the NHC said.
(Reporting by Naveen Arul in Bangalore; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more