Slim's America Movil buys stakes in Mexican soccer teams
MEXICO CITY Aug 31 (Reuters) - Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim's mobile giant America Movil has acquired a 30 percent stake in two soccer teams in Mexico's first division, the company said on Friday.
America Movil said it had bought the holding in top flight sides Pachuca and Leon from owners Grupo Pachuca.
A spokesman for Slim, the world's richest man, said the company would provide details of the deal on Thursday.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama