Soccer-Babel agrees one-year deal with Ajax
ROTTERDAM Aug 31 (Reuters) - Former Netherlands international Ryan Babel has agreed a one-year deal with Ajax Amsterdam after he was released by Bundesliga club Hoffenheim, the Dutch club said on Friday.
The 25-year-old wide player, who has won 42 caps for the Netherlands, came up through the youth ranks at Ajax before joining Liverpool in a big-money move in 2007.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |