Athabasca Oil signs pact for oil sands JV
(Reuters) - Oil sands company Athabasca Oil Corp (ATH.TO) said it signed a letter of intent for a joint venture involving its Hangingstone and Birch properties in northern Alberta.
The company did not identify with whom it had signed the agreement.
Earlier in the day, the Globe and Mail reported that the partner was Kuwait's state-controlled oil company.
Athabasca's shares were halted on the Toronto Stock Exchange on Friday, having closed at C$12.51 on Thursday.
(Reporting by Shounak Dasgupta in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel