Athabasca Oil signs pact for oil sands JV
(Reuters) - Oil sands company Athabasca Oil Corp (ATH.TO) said it signed a letter of intent for a joint venture involving its Hangingstone and Birch properties in northern Alberta.
The company did not identify with whom it had signed the agreement.
Earlier in the day, the Globe and Mail reported that the partner was Kuwait's state-controlled oil company.
Athabasca's shares were halted on the Toronto Stock Exchange on Friday, having closed at C$12.51 on Thursday.
(Reporting by Shounak Dasgupta in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |