Schaeuble: Portugal shows euro rescue is working
HANOVER, Germany, Sept 3
HANOVER, Germany, Sept 3 (Reuters) - The example of Portugal shows that the euro zone's economic adjustment programmes are working as the Southern European country will swing to a primary surplus in 2013, Germany's Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Monday.
Schaeuble added that Greece, where the economic reform programme attached to its double-bailout has stalled, should not be the only measure of performance for the currency union's ability to fight its sovereign debt crisis.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Japan volcano death toll likely to rise to around 46 as more victims found