Nikkei sags to 4-week low on China growth concerns
TOKYO, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average closed at a four-week low on Monday after seesawing throughout the day as disappointing Chinese data outweighed hopes the U.S. Federal Reserve would act to boost the economy. The Nikkei fell 0.6 percent to 8,783.89, its lowest close since Aug. 6. The broader Topix dropped 0.4 percent to 728.63.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source