- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
China's Baidu to invest $1.6 billion to set up cloud computing centre
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's largest search engine Baidu Inc will invest more than 10 billion yuan ($1.6 billion) to set up its cloud computing centre, Baidu's chief financial officer Jennifer Li said on Monday.
Baidu, which unveiled its mobile Internet browser at its annual conference in Beijing, is pushing deep into cloud computing as the heart of its mobile strategy in order to capitalise on the booming sector.
Cloud computing is a term used to describe data storage and processing done on the Web.
(Reporting by Terril Jones; Writing by Melanie Lee; Editing by Kazunori Takada)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this