IPG Photonics to buy precision laser tool maker
Sept 4 (Reuters) - Specialized laser maker IPG Photonics Corp agreed to buy privately owned J.P. Sercel Associates for an undisclosed amount, adding precision laser products to its portfolio.
The Oxford, Massachusetts-based IPG said the deal will lower its 2012 profit by 1 to 2 cents per share and add about $4 million in revenue during the year.
IPG, which makes laser systems used for cutting, welding and engraving, said the deal will help it gain a stronger foothold in the $800 million precision laser market, IPG's CEO Valentin Gapontsev said.
IPG expects the acquisition to add to its profit in 2013.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama