IPG Photonics to buy precision laser tool maker
Sept 4 (Reuters) - Specialized laser maker IPG Photonics Corp agreed to buy privately owned J.P. Sercel Associates for an undisclosed amount, adding precision laser products to its portfolio.
The Oxford, Massachusetts-based IPG said the deal will lower its 2012 profit by 1 to 2 cents per share and add about $4 million in revenue during the year.
IPG, which makes laser systems used for cutting, welding and engraving, said the deal will help it gain a stronger foothold in the $800 million precision laser market, IPG's CEO Valentin Gapontsev said.
IPG expects the acquisition to add to its profit in 2013.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |