IPG Photonics to buy precision laser tool maker
Sept 4 (Reuters) - Specialized laser maker IPG Photonics Corp agreed to buy privately owned J.P. Sercel Associates for an undisclosed amount, adding precision laser products to its portfolio.
The Oxford, Massachusetts-based IPG said the deal will lower its 2012 profit by 1 to 2 cents per share and add about $4 million in revenue during the year.
IPG, which makes laser systems used for cutting, welding and engraving, said the deal will help it gain a stronger foothold in the $800 million precision laser market, IPG's CEO Valentin Gapontsev said.
IPG expects the acquisition to add to its profit in 2013.
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 7-U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"