- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
Shell ready to drill in Alaska after receiving green light-CEO
ISTANBUL, Sept 4 |
ISTANBUL, Sept 4 (Reuters) - Royal Dutch Shell is ready to start exploring for oil in Alaska after receiving the green light, Chief Executive Peter Voser told a news conference in Turkey's capital Ankara on Tuesday.
The Environmental Protection Agency said last week Shell, which has spent about $4.5 billion on its effort to drill Arctic oil, would soon get a temporary air permit to operate a drilling rig offshore Alaska.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this