Quebec premier loses his seat as well as the election - TV
Sept 4 (Reuters) - Quebec Premier Jean Charest, whose ruling Liberals were defeated in a provincial election on Tuesday after nine years in power, also lost his seat, TV networks predicted.
With most of the results counted in his parliamentary constituency of Sherbrooke, Charest was trailing a candidate from the separatist Parti Quebecois by a wide margin. He had held the seat since November 1998.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South