Chinese Estates says to sell China project for $500 mln
HONG KONG, Sept 6
HONG KONG, Sept 6 (Reuters) - Chinese Estates Holdings Ltd said on Thursday it had agreed to sell its stake in a China property development project for $500 million, in a bid to increase its cash reserves given a challenging macroeconomic environment.
The Hong Kong-listed property developer has agreed to sell its 49 percent stake in Grandday Group Ltd, a joint venture that is involved in a residential, business and resort complex development project in Qidong City in China's Jiangsu province, the firm said in a filing to the Hong Kong bourse.
Evergrande Real Estate Group Ltd indirectly holds a 51 percent stake in Grandday.
For a statement click on: here (Reporting by Donny Kwok; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |