MALAYSIA-PRESS-Glove makers to invest up to 500 mln rgt-The Star
AirAsia leases more planes from ICBC-The Edge
AirAsia Bhd is adding three more aircraft to its operating fleet by leasing them from Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd (ICBC).
The lease term will start in the fourth quarter of the year and last for 12 years, said AirAsia's chief executive officer Aireen Omar.
"We decided to lease from ICBC because Airbus was not able to bring forward all our required orders. We need more aircraft to sustain our growth and rising demand," she told The Edge Financial Daily over a telephone interview.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994