Safeway plans for Blackhawk card unit IPO
Sept 5 (Reuters) - Safeway Inc said on Wednesday it plans to take its Blackhawk Network Holdings Inc gift card and payment services unit public sometime in the first half of 2013.
Safeway, one of the largest U.S. grocers, plans to file a registration statement for a potential initial public offering of a minority stake in Blackhawk, it said on Wednesday. It plans to complete the IPO sometime in the first half of 2013, depending on market conditions.
Blackhawk sells gift cards at grocery stores and through thousands of other stores, such as pharmacies and convenience stores.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat