Aerovironment posts first-quarter loss on contract delays
(Reuters) - Aerovironment Inc (AVAV.O) that makes unmanned aircraft systems and electric vehicles, posted a first-quarter loss, hurt by delay in contracts, sending its shares down 2 percent in extended trading.
The company recorded a net loss of $1.4 million, or 6 cents per share, compared with a net income of $0.3 million, or 1 cent per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 5 percent to $58.7 million.
The company maintained its forecast of a net income of $1.41 to $1.51 per share on revenue between $348 million and $370 million for fiscal 2013.
(Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash