Aerovironment posts first-quarter loss on contract delays
(Reuters) - Aerovironment Inc (AVAV.O) that makes unmanned aircraft systems and electric vehicles, posted a first-quarter loss, hurt by delay in contracts, sending its shares down 2 percent in extended trading.
The company recorded a net loss of $1.4 million, or 6 cents per share, compared with a net income of $0.3 million, or 1 cent per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 5 percent to $58.7 million.
The company maintained its forecast of a net income of $1.41 to $1.51 per share on revenue between $348 million and $370 million for fiscal 2013.
(Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East