Berdych to lead Czech Davis Cup team against Argentina
PRAGUE (Reuters) - World number seven Tomas Berdych will lead the Czech Davis Cup team in their semi-final clash against Argentina later this month.
Team captain Jaroslav Navratil also selected Radek Stepanek, Lukas Rosol and Ivo Minar on Wednesday for the tie in Buenos Aires on September 14-16.
The Czechs beat Argentina the last time they met in 2009 before losing in the final to Spain.
Last year's runner-up Argentina will be without David Nalbandian in the semi-final because of injury. World number eight Juan Martin del Potro will instead lead the side.
The winner of the clay court tie will reach November's final against either Spain or the United States, who clash in Gijon the same weekend.
(Reporting by Jason Hovet. Editing by Patrick Johnston)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official