Berdych to lead Czech Davis Cup team against Argentina
PRAGUE (Reuters) - World number seven Tomas Berdych will lead the Czech Davis Cup team in their semi-final clash against Argentina later this month.
Team captain Jaroslav Navratil also selected Radek Stepanek, Lukas Rosol and Ivo Minar on Wednesday for the tie in Buenos Aires on September 14-16.
The Czechs beat Argentina the last time they met in 2009 before losing in the final to Spain.
Last year's runner-up Argentina will be without David Nalbandian in the semi-final because of injury. World number eight Juan Martin del Potro will instead lead the side.
The winner of the clay court tie will reach November's final against either Spain or the United States, who clash in Gijon the same weekend.
(Reporting by Jason Hovet. Editing by Patrick Johnston)
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of UK hostage David Haines |
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- Scots independence battle reaches fever pitch on streets and screens |
- UK's Cameron resists calls for air strikes despite hostage killing |
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |