AIG offers up to $2 bln stake of AIA Group in block sale - IFR
HONG KONG, Sept 6
HONG KONG, Sept 6 (Reuters) - U.S. insurer American International Group plans to raise up to $2 billion by selling part of its stake in AIA Group Ltd, IFR reported on Thursday, citing a term sheet of the deal.
AIG is offering about 600 million shares in a range of HK$25.75 TO HK$26.75 each, equivalent to a discount of 2.1 percent and a premium of 1.7 percent to AIA's Thursday close of HK$26.3, the term sheet showed. IFR is a Thomson Reuters publication.
The deal comes two days after a lockup on the shares expired on Sept. 4 and six months after AIG sold a $6 billion stake in AIA.
Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs were hired to jointly manage the offering.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source