REPEAT-ECB meeting went well, "no trouble" - Juncker
FRANKFURT, Sept 6 (Reuters) - A meeting of the European Central Bank's governing council went well on Thursday and there was "no trouble", the head of the Eurogroup Jean-Claude Juncker told Reuters.
Juncker was speaking after attending the long-awaited meeting of the ECB devoted to discussing plans for a new programme of bond buying to reduce borrowing costs for Italy and Spain.
The head of Germany's Bundesbank, Jens Weidmann, has strongly criticised the plans, saying they encroach on the taboo against central bank funding of state budgets.
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Missouri suburb braces for more racial unrest but calm prevails
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Advancing Ukraine troops take fight to heart of pro-Moscow rebellion |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another