UMC August sales rise 20 pct on year
TAIPEI, Sept 7
TAIPEI, Sept 7 (Reuters) - Taiwan's UMC, the world's No.2 contract chipmaker, said on Friday its August sales rose 19.5 percent from a year earlier.
United Microelectronics Corp (UMC) had sales of T$9.8 billion ($327 million) last month, 19.5 percent more than the same month last year and 1.9 percent more than the previous month.
UMC did not give further details.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin