UMC August sales rise 20 pct on year
TAIPEI, Sept 7
TAIPEI, Sept 7 (Reuters) - Taiwan's UMC, the world's No.2 contract chipmaker, said on Friday its August sales rose 19.5 percent from a year earlier.
United Microelectronics Corp (UMC) had sales of T$9.8 billion ($327 million) last month, 19.5 percent more than the same month last year and 1.9 percent more than the previous month.
UMC did not give further details.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East