AIA shares up 5.7 pct after AIG sells $2 billion block at surprise premium
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Shares in AIA Group Ltd (1299.HK) were set to open up 5.7 percent on Friday morning after U.S. insurer American International Group Inc (AIG.N) sold a $2 billion stake in the pan-Asia insurer at a surprise premium to Thursday's close.
At 0120 GMT, AIA shares were at HK$27.80, compared with AIG's sale price of HK$26.50 each, while the benchmark Hang Seng Index .HSI was set to start up 1.7 percent.
(Reporting by Denny Thomas; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |