NHL: Bruins' Marchand signs four-year, $18 million extension
(Reuters) - Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand has signed a four-year, $18 million contract extension that will keep him with the club through the 2016-17 season, the National Hockey League (NHL) team said on Friday.
His contract will average $4.5 million annually.
Marchand, 24, set career highs in goals (28), assists (27) and points (55) in 76 games last season, his second full year with the Bruins. His 28 goals ranked second on the Bruins, behind Tyler Seguin's 29.
(Reporting by Gene Cherry in Raleigh, North Carolina; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls