U.S. to designate Haqqani network as terrorist group: State Department
VLADIVOSTOCK, Russia (Reuters) - The United States will designate the Pakistan-based Haqqani network, accused of some high-profile attacks, as a terrorist group, the U.S. State Department said on Friday.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has signed a report to Congress saying the network met criteria for a terrorist designation, the department said.
(Reporting by Andy Quinn; Editing by Will Dunham and Vicki Allen)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter