U.S. to designate Haqqani network as terrorist group: State Department
VLADIVOSTOCK, Russia (Reuters) - The United States will designate the Pakistan-based Haqqani network, accused of some high-profile attacks, as a terrorist group, the U.S. State Department said on Friday.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has signed a report to Congress saying the network met criteria for a terrorist designation, the department said.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane