- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Asian markets tense before Fed; Nikkei outperforms
US Treasury launches $18 bln AIG stock offering
NEW YORK, Sept 9 |
NEW YORK, Sept 9 (Reuters) - The Treasury Department on Sunday said it has launched a public offering of $18 billion of its common stock in American International Group Inc.
AIG has indicated that it intends to purchase up to $5 billion of the common stock held by the U.S. Treasury in this offering at the initial public offering price, the department said in a statement.
Treasury will also grant to the underwriters in this offering a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional $2.7 billion in common stock from Treasury to cover any over-allotments.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this